Wing Commanders Daily Thread (14)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wing Commander
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist

PostSubject: Wing Commanders Daily Thread (14)   Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:41 am

Friday. Fucking result.

Another big weekend. This is going to be the norm from now till May. Every weekend is a massive weekend. That is of course, unless we fail to win. Then the PL falls back into the obscurity thats clouded all but 1 of the past 5 seasons. Enough of the neagative talk anyway. Wing Commander is gearing up for the long drive up 'north for the Birmingham game.

As revealed exclusively to you last week, Wengers Press Conference took place yesterday, not today - here's the latest:

No Holding Back

Wenger, having learned from past mistakes it seems, says there'll be no holding back against Birmingham. Too many times we've seen Le Boss prioritise a mid week champions league game in favour of the weekend PL game. Alright, its slightly different this season, we're actually in with a decent shout, so it makes perfect sense. I love this from Wenger:

"I don’t consider Barcelona for the next game. At the back we need to be solid to win this game [at Birmingham]. We fight the whole season to be in there and this is a priority"

Too fucking right son. One game at a time.

Sol's in Charge

Wengers confirmed Sol will start the game at Birmingham. Asked if he can complete 2 games in a week, Wenger simply referred back to his early comment, stating Birmingham is priority, therefore, if he's available, he'll play. Losing Vermalen is a blow to us, but Im grateful, as Im sure Wenger is, that he's suspension has come against a depleted and de-moralised Birmingham City. Be it Song or The Cling On that it is paired with him is yet to be seen, but either mixture should have enough to see off a Birmingham side who pose no real lethal attacking threat. Had Vermalen faced his ban vs Spurs, we could of been in a world of fucking trouble.

I dont see too many changes to the side that dealt with West Ham to be honest. If Song moves into the CB position, it should see Diaby stepping in. A player in my eyes, who should be starting regulararly. Had it not been for his injuries, I think he would be. Diaby is just the type of player who we need against Birminghams physical presence. He's a big fucking lad who takes no shit and doesn't go to ground easily. Plus the boy do like a Kanu style lanky run - only with a bit more finnesse than the Nigerian. Another anticipated change should see Eboue either step up the field or onto the bench in favour of Sagna. One things for sure, should we get our noses in front, by 2 or 3, we'll see some legs rested, just as Mr Bloggs pointed out this morning.

Priorties

Wengers publically shelved all contract negotiations so we can focus on the task in hand. Bit surprised by this. Not because he's shelved the plans, but because he's told the press he has. Normally he tells them to fuck off. Im all for this. "Do the fucking job your paid for and then we'll talk about renewing it" - spot on son.

The likelyhood of Billy leaving seems to be growing with Wenger saying:

There is no update [on Gallas' contract talks]," said Wenger at his pre-match press conference on Thursday. "In the next two or three weeks we will not deal with any contract because we have games every three days and we will focus on our targets.

"I feel we are winning the battle to keep him but in this domain you have to be open and be ready for anything.

"He is in a position where he is free to sign for anybody he wants and tomorrow somebody could come up and offer him a massive amount of money and I don’t know if he will sign or not.

"He knows we want to keep him and that we make an effort but it has to be, as it always has been historically, within our set budget."

Again - its very rare he'll talk about it, and the fact he mentions that someone could come in with mega dough and tempt him is worrying. Im not really too concerned with this to be honest. Billys been a good player for us, but he's also caused some shit, it has to be said. That said, I'll never hold any of that against him and if he feels he's got another 2 or 3 seasons in him at top level and wants to spend that in Italy or Spain, then fair play.

One thing that gets me thinking though is this. Billy leaves, The Cling On decides to get a spaceship back to planet spamhead and suddenly we're left with Thomas and Djourou as CB's. Hopefully Wengers learned his lesson and will replace the 2 of them, not with 17 year olds or 40 year olds, but with some proven talent. And not with Kyle Bartley either. Im a big fan of Kyle having watched him regularly at underhill before his loan move, but like the Grolsh advert said "Schtop..........he is not ready yet"

Loan Moves

As expected, JET has extended his loan at Donnie Rovers to the end of the season. He's enjoyed a good time there, 3 goals six games and by all accounts is relishing the first team football, something every player needs.

Sanchez "You Fucking" Watt has also fucked off to Leeds for the rest of the season. Good luck Sanchez, we wish you well son.

The Rest

Wenger says how Chelsea have a physical advantage following their exit from the champions league, but a mental disadvantage. Not too sure about that. I think their 5-0 fucking of Pompey would of got rid of the demons. They're season hangs at Old Trafford, the world and his Mrs knows that.

Wenger also quashed the Arshavin story the cunt Sun ran this week saying it was an old interview, from December, following the RVP injury, when the transfer window was open. I did hear that it was an old interview, though could not rely on the source. Anyway, its bollocks.

Thats your lot. Here's to a weekend full of wishes for 3 points at Brum, a Bomb at the Bridge and for iccle Jacky Boy Wilshere to help his club out and stick 3 past Man U for Bolton.

Have a good one
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=73257345080
Van Persies Left Foot
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist

PostSubject: Re: Wing Commanders Daily Thread (14)   Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:53 am

regarding the possiblility of a new centre half needed if gallas goes, who do you think we should go for?

Lots of long time rumours of getting matty upson back or going for Gary Cahill. Not sure about them to be honest but i would trust wenger with whoever he brings in especially after getting vermaelen last year
Back to top Go down
Wing Commander
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist

PostSubject: Re: Wing Commanders Daily Thread (14)   Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:00 am

Van Persies Left Foot wrote:
regarding the possiblility of a new centre half needed if gallas goes, who do you think we should go for?

Lots of long time rumours of getting matty upson back or going for Gary Cahill. Not sure about them to be honest but i would trust wenger with whoever he brings in especially after getting vermaelen last year

Know what? I aint got a fucking clue. Best left to Wenger. Remember when we signed Vermalen? everyone was like "Who the fuck is this cunt????".........

All we can be sure of is that Wenger has someone, or some players in mind. I trust his judgement, so let it be.

I dont think Upson is the answer at all. A good player, but I dont thnink he's top drawer.

We'll see
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=73257345080
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wing Commanders Daily Thread (14)   

Back to top Go down

Wing Commanders Daily Thread (14)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
606 Football Fans Forum :: General Stuff :: Wing Commanders Daily Football Threads-
Jump to: