606 Football Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

606 Football Fans Forum

An alternative forum for Football Fans to talk about anything

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread...

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mark the mad
Blue Square
Blue Square
mark the mad

Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread...   Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 2:29 am

Eboues Dance Instructor wrote:
i think liverpoo will take points off manure and chel$ki they need them if they want 4th spot!

We will beat Man utd easily. Chelsea though I doubt it tbh they are way too strong and if we can't beat Arsenal then I can't see us beating them. But we can get 4th without beating them.

Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread... - Page 2 644350
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread...   Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 3:29 am

iGooner wrote:
Cant see Arsene risking Song tbh, so I think it will be more like:

Almunia

Sagna
Gallas
Verma
Clichy

Diaby
Fab
Denilson (I know)

Rosicky
Bendtner
Nasri

I can defo see Denilson starting Mad but then again he tends to surprise me when Im not expecting it and if he doesnt, well Eboue wont be happy Twisted Evil

HMMM... Porto has relatively tall players, so I HOPE denilson does not play, but Eastmond instead, since he was pulled out of the Reserves, he should feature. And plus, he is an inch taller and much more physical than Denilson. Oh, and Rosicky and Nasri would be terrible, we will be so narrow. I think Eboue might play instead of Nasri. And hopefully, Eduardo might come on in the second half and show something like what we saw last year when he came back from his injury. Off the knee, solid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread...   Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 7:11 am

How unlucky are we with injuries? Song Arshavin Gallas and a feew others including Almunia(sadly i'm happy about this one).

Just hope Fabianski doesn't ruin the opprtunity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread...   Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 7:22 am

Arsenal has announced the following 18-man squad to travel to Porto for Wednesday's UEFA Champions League first-leg clash.

Alex Song, Andrey Arshavin, William Gallas, Manuel Almunia and Eduardo have not made the trip to Portugal. Long-term absentees Robin Van Persie, Kieran Gibbs and Johan Djourou are also absent but Carlos Vela returns from a knee injury.

Arsenal squad:

Lukasz Fabianski
Vito Mannone
Nicklas Bendtner
Carlos Vela
Theo Walcott
Samir Nasri
Denilson
Aaron Ramsey
Tomas Rosicky
Abou Diaby
Cesc Fabregas
Gael Clichy
Thomas Vermaelen
Emmanuel Eboue
Mikael Silvestre
Sol Campbell
Armand Traore
Bacary Sagna

@Arsenal.com

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

oh dear
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread...   Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 1:18 am

Gunner11 wrote:
Arsenal has announced the following 18-man squad to travel to Porto for Wednesday's UEFA Champions League first-leg clash.

Alex Song, Andrey Arshavin, William Gallas, Manuel Almunia and Eduardo have not made the trip to Portugal. Long-term absentees Robin Van Persie, Kieran Gibbs and Johan Djourou are also absent but Carlos Vela returns from a knee injury.

Arsenal squad:

Lukasz Fabianski
Vito Mannone
Nicklas Bendtner
Carlos Vela
Theo Walcott
Samir Nasri
Denilson
Aaron Ramsey
Tomas Rosicky
Abou Diaby
Cesc Fabregas
Gael Clichy
Thomas Vermaelen
Emmanuel Eboue
Mikael Silvestre
Sol Campbell
Armand Traore
Bacary Sagna

@Arsenal.com

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

oh dear

Damn I was hoping that Eastmond would deputise for Song, but since he hasnt travelled I guess it will be Denilson... it's going to be a nerve wrecking match.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Likely Lineup   Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 1:21 am

GK: Fabianski
RB: Sagna (we'll need to be more defensively sound)
RCB: Campbell (he's better than Silvestre, hands down)
LCB: Vermaelen
LB: Clichy (improving with the games go by)
DM: Denilson (much as I hate to say, he's the only one left)
CM: Fabregas
CM: Diaby
LW: Nasri (has recovered from his concussion, can't see Vela starting, and Nasri is preferred over Rosicky)
CF: Bendtner (the only choice left)
RW: Walcott ( slate me if you want to, but I think Walcott could kill Porto with his pace, plus Porto's fullbacks aren't of Ashley Cole's skill)

Subs:
Ramsey - likely to come on if needed
Rosicky - if Walcott screws up
Eboue - if anywhere has a hole!

ALL FOR EBOUE!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread...   Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 4:27 am

ok so now we must reshuffle.... (injuries AGAIN) so i'm going for this instead.....

............................Fabianski...............................
Sagna.......Campbell...........Verminator........Clichy
.............................Denilson...............................
...................Cesc..................Nasri.....................
Eboue.......................B52...........................Diaby

With walcott and rosicknote to come on as super subs when we are 3 - 0 up to
seal a 5 - 0 win for the gunners!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread...   Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 5:38 am

Eboues Dance Instructor wrote:
ok so now we must reshuffle.... (injuries AGAIN) so i'm going for this instead.....

............................Fabianski...............................
Sagna.......Campbell...........Verminator........Clichy
.............................Denilson...............................
...................Cesc..................Nasri.....................
Eboue.......................B52...........................Diaby

With walcott and rosicknote to come on as super subs when we are 3 - 0 up to
seal a 5 - 0 win for the gunners!

cant move diaby from the middle

Fab

Sagna
SOl
TV
Clichy

Denilson
Cesc
Diaby

Nasri
NB
Rosicky
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Average line-up   Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 11:35 am

Everybody on the board has been muttering under their breath, "Not Denilson.... please not Denilson". Well Wenger has decided to play him again. Fingers crossed his form picks up or we are in trouble. We already have Clichy in a crisis of form so we need a good DM. Bentner is up front so it seems we are aiming for 0-0 and to win on the return leg when Arshavin will replace him. Porto are a counter-attacking side, and the players have good skills even if their finishing isn't the best. I think it's going to be a great match, though a low scoring one.

Phillip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Clichy is getting massacred   Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 11:59 am

Every week Clichy is losing us points. Sorry, he shouldn't play any more.

Phillip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread...   Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 3:29 pm

Seems to me Clichys confidence has been shot ever since that Birmingham game.

Shame Gibbs is out, I at this point think he would get the nod...

I really really like Clichy though, I wish there was a magic wand to get him back to his best....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread...   Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ok I'll Kick Off With A Porto Thread...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2