606 Football Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

606 Football Fans Forum

An alternative forum for Football Fans to talk about anything

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wing Commanders Daily Thread (2)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wing Commander
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist
Wing Commander

Wing Commanders Daily Thread (2) Empty
PostSubject: Wing Commanders Daily Thread (2)   Wing Commanders Daily Thread (2) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 1:36 am

Morning Fuckers

Mot a great deal happening around N5 today.

We'll start with Theo and the news that Pearce has neglected to call him up to the U21's, leaving a door ajar to the big boys team. Of course, it would well be the case that Pearcey has not called him up purely because of his lack of game time and form, but the normals amoungst us should look at this as potential stepping stone. Theo's promised so much in his short time at Arsenal, arriving from Southampton as the next best thing. We've seen glimpses of what he's capable of doing, unfortunately, its only been glimpses. He's not been the luckiest fella on earth in terms of injuries, one can only imagine we running some kind of stem cell research which requires "fresh meat" every other week. What we have seen though has divided Gooners across London. A Winger or a Striker? Theo himself says he's a striker, but as is the case with anyone at Arsenal, he's happy to play wherever, which this season has been on the right side of a 3 prong attack, last season more as a wide man in that fucking awful 4-4-2. With his pace, its no surprise Capello uses him wide, especially with the immovable Rooney up top and some lanky piece of cunt behind him in the form of Crouch or Heskey.

Theo's World Cup bid took a further boost this morning when them dirty little cunts down the road confirmed Aaron Lennon is due to undergo a scan today to reveal the damage suffered to his groin during a youth match last Saturday. If its a recurrance of his injury earier in the season then he'll struggle to make fitness for June, leaving the door even further ajar for Theo. Now, it fucking kills me to say this, but for me, RIGHT NOW, Lennon has to be infront of Theo. Over 100 metres you'll need a stop clock with 7 digits to seperate them, why it has to be said, Lennon's final ball, be a cross (more often) or a shot, is a lot better than Theo's. All round, Lennon can offer the England set up more than Theo. The difference being though that Lennon struggles to produce his club form at International level.

Wenger has piped up, stating the pressure surrounding Theo to nail a World Cup place is "terrible". He says:

"The World Cup is not today - it is in June," he told Arsenal's website.
"The problem is that everyone has the national team in their mind and... you want everybody to be on top today."

True - though surely coming out and speaking to the press about the pressure on Theo is heaping more spotlight upon him? I dunno. One thing AW should understand, especially being the educated man he is, is that England, believer or non believer, have a very good chance of actaually doing something this year. The squad is one of the best we've seen since SAS upfront and Gazza behind with the brick Wall Tony Adams at the back. Its only natural the press are going to get excited. Leave them be and let Theo concentrate on getting his form and fitness back, first for club, then for country.

Elsewhere

That dirty fucking cunt Ashley Cole has finally been fucked, the proper way. His Geordie sex icon has finally fucked the little pint sized mobile gobbling cunt all the off. Just what drives a man to fuck about a girl as stunning as her is beyond me, ESPECIALLY with the minging fuckers he's reported to have porked. With that obviously comes the usual shit, mainly from the Sun that Cole is going to sign for Barca or Real. Load of bollocks. Dont get me wrong, the dirty little cunt is more than capable of playing for either of them, but its a knee jerk. If he goes, he goes...........better still in the words of Ivan Drago "If he dies, he dies"...........well, after the world cup anyway.

Other news and West Ham are reportedly looking at Joe Hart as a potential replacement for Green. For a few weeks now theres been reports leaking from West Ham that Grenn is unhappy and wants to move to a bigger club as he feels he should now be Englands no1. All Im going to say on this if I were Arsene Wenger, Id just keep a ittle eye open on those developments. Green or Hart for that matter are both very good GK's. Lets face it, a retarted amputee would be an imporvement on our 2nd and 3rd choice keepers at present. But Im not one for telling someone else how to do their job..........

Thats it for today. Now fuck all the way off
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=73257345080
Admin
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wing Commanders Daily Thread (2)   Wing Commanders Daily Thread (2) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 1:40 am

Morning fuckface, I hope wenger goes for Green, always has good games against us, perhaps this was the rumored keeper he tried to get in the January window
Back to top Go down
https://606football.forumotion.co.uk
Wing Commander
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist
Wing Commander

PostSubject: Re: Wing Commanders Daily Thread (2)   Wing Commanders Daily Thread (2) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 1:40 am

Admin wrote:
Morning fuckface, I hope wenger goes for Green, always has good games against us, perhaps this was the rumored keeper he tried to get in the January window

Never gave that a thought, you could well be bang on with that one Bergy
Back to top Go down
Van Persies Left Foot
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist
Van Persies Left Foot

PostSubject: Re: Wing Commanders Daily Thread (2)   Wing Commanders Daily Thread (2) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 1:44 am

actually the rumoured keeper we tried to go for was tomas sorensen if rumours are to be believed. Probably a load of bollocks though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wing Commanders Daily Thread (2)   Wing Commanders Daily Thread (2) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 4:33 am

SonOfGunnersaurus (SoG) wrote:
actually the rumoured keeper we tried to go for was tomas sorensen if rumours are to be believed. Probably a load of bollocks though

I heard that it was Sorenson as well. Although Arsene has since denied it http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-reveals-truth-on-sorensen-reports.

Goalkeepers are difficult to judge as you never know how they will perform when put into a good team. A goalkeeper in an average team getting 20 shots against him per match, can make 18 great saves and have 2 moments of instability and lose 2-0 but still be remembered for keeping the score down with 18 great saves. A keeper in a great team that only has 3 shots on target, makes 2 great saves and has a moment of madness on the third and he will be remembered for the one he messed up.

Both Green and Sorenson look like they could play at the top level... you could also throw in Jasskalinen and on current performances Myhill, but would they look as good and be able to perform as well, if they only have 3 saves to make all game and no chance to redeem any mistakes they make?

Look at Richard Wright at Ipswich as opposed to Richard Wright at Arsenal for an example.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wing Commanders Daily Thread (2)   Wing Commanders Daily Thread (2) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 1:41 pm

Theo...

Agree with your evaluation of a good keeper for a top side and a good keeper for a lower side. Huge 'hero' potential when you've got shots rattling at you all game... Only scapegoat material in 90% of the games the big 4 play...

Alumina has done OK recently, and he doesnt perhaps get credit for some top saves. In fact I think at a lower side he would be great, as he is a top class shot stopper. BUT he cant command his area and the last thing you need with a keeper is worrying which one will turn up...

I think in fairness its a tough tough call on what to do. Alumina is 100% committed and although I genuinely feel he needs replacing its not his fault he gets picked. It smacks of the terrible abuse Seaman got from the media in his twilight years... I hate people getting on his back though as I think he loves the club and gives everything. (mention by 2 boys on team mates as best trainer)

I think we have 2 options.. Buy someone who might or might not fair better than Alumina (green, Jussi J, Sorenson) or buy big [all the names we all know].

One shout I'd like to put forward is Craig Gordon. Struggling with confidence at Sunderland big, passionate and young enough to improve but not too young for the position...

Naill Quinn and Steve Bruce are both very close with Arsene, so maybe we could use our influence. At worst he's a good number 2
Back to top Go down
shagsarsenal
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
shagsarsenal

PostSubject: Re: Wing Commanders Daily Thread (2)   Wing Commanders Daily Thread (2) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 4:03 pm

on Theo we've all seen what he CAN do, his hattrick, against liverpool, blackburn, i just think he's a massive confidence player, and with his lack of a string of games, and more importantly a string of good games he's not yet got that confidence in his game
After his England heroics he was AMAZING for a few games afterwards, and he can do everything that is expected of him, but will he?!

and until Recently Almunia was rated in the top 6 keepers in the premier league according to the actim index, he's now dropped down to 8th, but it's got to mean something that he's still in the top 10 in a league that includes Given, Hart, Cech, friedel, reina, Juski, etc etc etc

would any other goalkeeper do much if any better than Almunia?! and would that possibly slight improvment be worth millions spent?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wing Commanders Daily Thread (2)   Wing Commanders Daily Thread (2) EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:34 am

are u dead wc?
Back to top Go down
Wing Commander
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist
Wing Commander

PostSubject: Re: Wing Commanders Daily Thread (2)   Wing Commanders Daily Thread (2) EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 5:58 am

Cold Lazerus wrote:
are u dead wc?

No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wing Commanders Daily Thread (2)   Wing Commanders Daily Thread (2) Empty

Back to top Go down

Wing Commanders Daily Thread (2)
Page 1 of 1