606 Football Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

606 Football Fans Forum

An alternative forum for Football Fans to talk about anything

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thursday 22-7-10

Go down 
+5
A Bould Statement
Captain Obvious
Admin
Van Persies Left Foot
Aberdeengooner
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Obvious
WC Wannabe
Captain Obvious

Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thursday 22-7-10   Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:53 am

A university degree means fuck all these days unless it's from a top 10 uni.

Most Uni's are just dressed up College's.
Back to top Go down
The Magic Man
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist
The Magic Man

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 22-7-10   Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:53 am

Captain Obvious wrote:
TBOK's Minion wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:
TBOK's Minion wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:
Also, Bouldington, you cunt, I like the way I'm solely to blame for the economic crisis. Plus, the Insurance sector isn't really picking up fuck all, essentially you're paying out on your own policies, generally how the market works.

Haha I knew you'd bite on that eventually. Although the correct response was;
'What about AIG? fucking up and costing the American government £800m'
At the end of the day, as far as anyone who works outside of the city is concered, if you put on a suit and go to work in London then you're to blame for the recession.
Which is bollocks, people don’t seem to understand how much insurance, banking, finance, trading etc put into the economy.

Fuck I actually forgot about AIG, happless cunts. We had clients with millions in thir Premium Access Bond - How ironic. I got absolutely caned when I went back to some girls a few months ago and her old man asked what I did.

I always do, and when people ask how much i earn or what my bonus is like. For a start i fucking hate talking baout that sort of thing anyway but the thing is, i can settle claims up to £100,000 or write a policy with exposure up to £1,000,000. you're probably responsible for the same if not higher figues day in, day out so what we earn is a fucking tiny fraction compared to what we're responsible for.

I maintain about £20m. I'd like to earn 1% of that per annum!

Wouldn't we all.... Although the Mrs would still find a way of fucking spending more.
Back to top Go down
Admin
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Admin

Van Persies Left Foot wrote:
Admin wrote:
where is cuntzilla anyway, havent seen him on here for a while

He is Travelling around europe for 6 months, as he was made redundant, should be back about the end of November

lucky cunt

tell me about it, though I am hoping he can bring me back some herb
Back to top Go down
https://606football.forumotion.co.uk
A Bould Statement
Champions League
Champions League
A Bould Statement

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 22-7-10   Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:54 am

Captain Obvious wrote:

exactly why i didnt go.

Plus chanes are i wouldnt get a 2:1 or whatever your target's meant to be because i'd never go to my classes.
plus in 3 years time i'd have came into insurance and not known fuck all about it anyway!
Back to top Go down
The Magic Man
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist
The Magic Man

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 22-7-10   Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:54 am

TBOK's Minion wrote:
DBTNW wrote:

IQ tests don't determine anything. Especially the ones on the internet.

Or we could all start a BTEC at the same time and whoever takes longest to finish it would be Dubbed.

Already done a couple as part of working qualifications in the past. Level 3 in banking and level 4 in management studies. Worth fuck all, mean fuck all and very easy to get distinctions.
Back to top Go down
Dubbed The New Wenger
Scotland Fan
Scotland Fan

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 22-7-10   Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:56 am

TBOK's Minion wrote:
DBTNW wrote:

Or we could all start a BTEC at the same time and whoever takes longest to finish it would be Dubbed.

Poor effort.
Back to top Go down
Admin
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 22-7-10   Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:56 am

DBTNW wrote:
Admin wrote:
DBTNW wrote:
Aberdeengooner wrote:
DBTNW wrote:
Aberdeengooner wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:
TBOK's Minion wrote:
Aberdeengooner wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:
Sometimes Dubbed does have his head screwed on, and he is correct. I am superior to you all.

You were a 90's baby, there is nothing superior about you at all.

yeah man. Its all about the final 39 days of the '80s.

what a fucking great time to be alive.

How would you know whether it was a great time to be alive when you were only 39 days old?? Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 537261

And that is why you're rightfully toward the lower end of Admins intelligence scale.

Im happy with who i am Very Happy

Being the guy just above Dubbed in terms of intelligence?

Watch out, he knows Kung Fu!

I said Jujitsu. Not the same thing. Silly cunt.

Yes they are, Kung Fu & Jujitsu are both things you have no idea how to do.

hahahha So Jujitsu and Kung Fu are the same thing now? Ignorant tool.

Technically Kung Fu is a term that covers all chinese martial arts it comes from the Mandarin gōngfu.

In Chinese, kung fu can also be used in contexts completely unrelated to martial arts, and refers colloquially to any individual accomplishment or skill cultivated through long and hard work. Wushu is a more precise term for general martial activities.

Still doesn't focus on Jujitsu.

No because Kung Fu is chinese martial arts, whereas Juuitsu is Japanese and translates as the art of softness or way of yielding
Back to top Go down
The Magic Man
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist
The Magic Man

Captain Obvious wrote:

Agreed, although for certain professions they won't take you without a degree. When I started with my company 10 years ago, they only took on graduates or experienced contrators and then spent shed loads training up the graduates.
Back to top Go down
Captain Obvious
WC Wannabe
Captain Obvious

TBOK's Minion wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:

exactly why i didnt go.

Plus chanes are i wouldnt get a 2:1 or whatever your target's meant to be because i'd never go to my classes.
plus in 3 years time i'd have came into insurance and not known fuck all about it anyway!

Unless you get a decent grad scheme at somewhere like Duestche, they really are counter-productive and a waste of time.

Most top earner who we deal with have started at the bottom and worked their way up.
Back to top Go down
A Bould Statement
Champions League
Champions League
A Bould Statement

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 22-7-10   Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:57 am

The Magic Man wrote:
TBOK's Minion wrote:
DBTNW wrote:

Already done a couple as part of working qualifications in the past. Level 3 in banking and level 4 in management studies. Worth fuck all, mean fuck all and very easy to get distinctions.

say you had your level 4 in management but no experience and no other qualifications...
what sort of job could you get out of that?
Back to top Go down
A Bould Statement
Champions League
Champions League
A Bould Statement

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 22-7-10   Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:58 am

The Magic Man wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:

Agreed, although for certain professions they won't take you without a degree. When I started with my company 10 years ago, they only took on graduates or experienced contrators and then spent shed loads training up the graduates.

you'll struggle to get into underwriting without a degree these days, i got in at just the right sort of time but now its fucked up. half of them arent even happy with a degree, it has to be a 2:1 or whatever they call it.
Back to top Go down
The Magic Man
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist
The Magic Man

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 22-7-10   Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:01 am

TBOK's Minion wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:
TBOK's Minion wrote:
DBTNW wrote:

say you had your level 4 in management but no experience and no other qualifications...

Fuck all of any decency, but this was back in the 90's. No idea now. As I said, it was just part of a management training course that I was on for a high street bank. It did aid me getting into uni though. But probably no more than my A-levels.

If I was advising my kids what to do now, (depending on what they wanted) I wouldn't say that Uni was automatically the best choice anymore, although in the past, it certainly was. It would depend on what they wanted to do. As Captain said, the jobs that you 2 are in do not require degrees, just young blokes wanting to make a lot of money and then burn out and get other jobs. But, many professions, teachers, soctors, vets, scientists (including many IT roles) require a degree to get into.
Back to top Go down
The Magic Man
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist
The Magic Man

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 22-7-10   Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:02 am

TBOK's Minion wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:

you'll struggle to get into underwriting without a degree these days, i got in at just the right sort of time but now its fucked up. half of them arent even happy with a degree, it has to be a 2:1 or whatever they call it.

A 2:1, or sometimes a 2:2 if normally the minimum level to decalre a passed. Same as A-levels or GCSE's, not worth counting if it is below a C.
Back to top Go down
Dubbed The New Wenger
Scotland Fan
Scotland Fan

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 22-7-10   Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:02 am

Speaking of Kung Fu:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

hahaha What a thread.

"those UFC fighters are too slow and get tired quick bruce lee was fast and could do flips how many ufc fighers can do that. plus he was dead strong too. why are you worried for me goonz.
aditional i dont really understand what you mean can u explain pls. i dont think your friend could though because id have heard of him."

hahahaha
Back to top Go down
A Bould Statement
Champions League
Champions League
A Bould Statement

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 22-7-10   Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:03 am

The Magic Man wrote:
TBOK's Minion wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:
TBOK's Minion wrote:
DBTNW wrote:

Fuck all of any decency, but this was back in the 90's. No idea now. As I said, it was just part of a management training course that I was on for a high street bank. It did aid me getting into uni though. But probably no more than my A-levels.

If I was advising my kids what to do now, (depending on what they wanted) I wouldn't say that Uni was automatically the best choice anymore, although in the past, it certainly was. It would depend on what they wanted to do. As Captain said, the jobs that you 2 are in do not require degrees, just young blokes wanting to make a lot of money and then burn out and get other jobs. But, many professions, teachers, soctors, vets, scientists (including many IT roles) require a degree to get into.

mine aint the sort of high paid, burn out job that Captain's lucky enough to have. Mine's a life sentence of only just better than average pay for the next 50years
Back to top Go down
A Bould Statement
Champions League
Champions League
A Bould Statement

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 22-7-10   Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:04 am

DBTNW wrote:
Speaking of Kung Fu:

hahaha What a thread.

"those UFC fighters are too slow and get tired quick bruce lee was fast and could do flips how many ufc fighers can do that. plus he was dead strong too. why are you worried for me goonz.
aditional i dont really understand what you mean can u explain pls. i dont think your friend could though because id have heard of him."

hahahaha

Haha nice spot. Spud fan?
Back to top Go down
Dubbed The New Wenger
Scotland Fan
Scotland Fan

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 22-7-10   Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:04 am

Change the fucking record. Cunts! Boring us over here.
Back to top Go down
Admin
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 22-7-10   Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:05 am

The Magic Man wrote:
TBOK's Minion wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:
TBOK's Minion wrote:
DBTNW wrote:

Yeah, its really only specified jobs that need degrees, I mean mine was a total waste of 4 years, well ok a lot of drinking smoking and shagging, but I have never used my Music Technology degree for work, I would say unless you want to be a doctor vet, solicitor etc, you are best to do NVQs for the jobs you want to do like Business, Catering etc
Back to top Go down
Dubbed The New Wenger
Scotland Fan
Scotland Fan

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 22-7-10   Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:06 am

TBOK's Minion wrote:
DBTNW wrote:
Speaking of Kung Fu:

hahaha What a thread.

hahahaha

Manc. Though he's allegedly in year 8. Kids nowadays. Getting thicker and thicker.
Back to top Go down
A Bould Statement
Champions League
Champions League
A Bould Statement

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 22-7-10   Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:06 am

DBTNW wrote:
Change the fucking record. Cunts! Boring us over here.

start a more interesting conversation then.
Back to top Go down
Captain Obvious
WC Wannabe
Captain Obvious

TBOK's Minion wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:
TBOK's Minion wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:
TBOK's Minion wrote:
DBTNW wrote:

mine aint the sort of high paid, burn out job that Captain's lucky enough to have. Mine's a life sentence of only just better than average pay for the next 50years

Not burn out material yet. Next 3-5 years the real hard work starts and the 'entertaining' of clients starts. Then 10 years after that I imagine I'll be standing at the front of an economics classroom or something.
Back to top Go down
Dubbed The New Wenger
Scotland Fan
Scotland Fan

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 22-7-10   Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:09 am

Captain Obvious wrote:
TBOK's Minion wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:
TBOK's Minion wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:
TBOK's Minion wrote:
DBTNW wrote:

Not burn out material yet. Next 3-5 years the real hard work starts and the 'entertaining' of clients starts. Then 10 years after that I imagine I'll be standing at the front of an economics classroom or something.

Fuck off you cunt!
Back to top Go down
A Bould Statement
Champions League
Champions League
A Bould Statement

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 22-7-10   Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:10 am

Captain Obvious wrote:

My old maths teacher did that. He used to be some sort of nuclear engineer or something and he was fucking loaded.

but he was so bored at home that he was happier being at work getting abused by a load of teenagers.
Back to top Go down
Captain Obvious
WC Wannabe
Captain Obvious

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 22-7-10   Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:10 am

DBTNW wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:
TBOK's Minion wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:
TBOK's Minion wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:
TBOK's Minion wrote:
DBTNW wrote:

Fuck off you cunt!

Still teaching Dubbed his BTEC.
Back to top Go down
The Magic Man
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist
The Magic Man

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 22-7-10   Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:11 am

DBTNW wrote:
TBOK's Minion wrote:
DBTNW wrote:
Speaking of Kung Fu:

hahaha What a thread.

hahahaha

Manc. Though he's allegedly in year 8. Kids nowadays. Getting thicker and thicker.

I'll show my age again.

How old is year 8? 13? They didn't have that shit when I was at school?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 22-7-10   Thursday 22-7-10 - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thursday 22-7-10
Page 17 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next