606 Football Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

606 Football Fans Forum

An alternative forum for Football Fans to talk about anything

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread

Go down 
+6
A Bould Statement
TBOK
Captain Obvious
Aberdeengooner
Van Persies Left Foot
Admin
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
A Bould Statement
Champions League
Champions League
A Bould Statement

Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 4:55 am

The Magic Man wrote:
Van Persies Left Foot wrote:
i think the critisism of walcotts performance yesterday is harsh. He put a few decent balls in yet most of the time there was no one in the box to meet them

Plus he created two yesterday

Simples.

Why put the ball in, if no-one is there? Fucking look up and if there is no-one to pass to, shoot.

bang on. I know Magic aint Walcott's biggest fan but he has a point. Walcott puts the ball in good areas but he's so quick that there's never anyone there. If he had a bit of composure i think he could be genuinely world class.

I actually think the left wing would suit him better as he'd have to cut back in and have a look up before crossing.

And why the fuck wont he ever smash the ball in the goal? he always tries to be too delicate.
Back to top Go down
Aberdeengooner
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Aberdeengooner

PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 4:55 am

samiola wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:
Right. Just to put my opinions out there:

Keepers - Not perfect, but not as bad as people think. Would love a top class keeper, but Almunia is OK ish.

Defense - Full backs fine and good cover in Gibbs and Eboue. Central, if fit 3 good centre backs. Could do with another top defender, but if they stay fit (Verm especially) then not too bad.

Midfield - Perfect, but sell Theo.

Forwards - Injury prone VP, but Cham looked very good. Good cover in Bendner, Vela, etc. Sell Arsh.

Buy - A centre back / defensive midfielder. Purely for covering Song / Verm.

SELL aRSHAVIN.....your nuts, hes ya best winger!

Rosicky was looking very good over the weekend...almost back to his best sorta look
Back to top Go down
The Magic Man
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist
The Magic Man

Aberdeengooner wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:
Aberdeengooner wrote:
Anyone seen Denilson or Diaby play yet? they injured?

Diabt was at the world cup, so was still on holiday.

Where is Song though?

Song went to SA too?

Did he?

Yeah, but he was in the stands against Milan and they said he was injured..

Whats wrong with Denilson....

Team to play pool judging from weekend games. (Excluding RVP & Cesc)

---------------Almunia------------

Sanga--Konciesly--TV---Clichy(although gibbs looked great)

-----------------Song-----------------

-----------Nasri-----Wilshire(Diaby if fit)

Arshavin-------------------------Rosicky
----------------Chamakh--------------

Why exclude Cesc and VP?

Sanga--TV---Konciesly--Clichy

-----------Nasri-----Cesc / Wilshere

VP / Vela-------------------------Rosicky
Back to top Go down
samiola
Champions League
Champions League

PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 4:56 am

Aberdeengooner wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:
Aberdeengooner wrote:

Where is Song though?

Song went to SA too?

Did he?

i know it wont happen but that team would prob be better as 442...stick Arshavin behind Chamakh my bitch up
Back to top Go down
Aberdeengooner
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Aberdeengooner

PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 4:57 am

The Magic Man wrote:
Aberdeengooner wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:
Aberdeengooner wrote:

Where is Song though?

Song went to SA too?

Did he?

Why exclude Cesc and VP?

Sanga--TV---Konciesly--Clichy

-----------Nasri-----Cesc / Wilshere

VP / Vela-------------------------Rosicky

i excluded them incase wenger wants to give them an extended rest
Back to top Go down
Van Persies Left Foot
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist
Van Persies Left Foot

PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 4:57 am

Just another quick point about theo - i think its best to judge him if he has an injury free season (unlikely i know!)

If he can stay injury free i think he can have a good season. Saying that if he is disappointing again even without injuries then i may start to lose my faith in him
Back to top Go down
The Magic Man
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist
The Magic Man

PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 4:58 am

The Magic Man wrote:
i think the critisism of walcotts performance yesterday is harsh. He put a few decent balls in yet most of the time there was no one in the box to meet them

Plus he created two yesterday

Simples.

Why put the ball in, if no-one is there? Fucking look up and if there is no-one to pass to, shoot.

Yeah but the balls in were actually good, not his fault that other players couldnt get into decent positions

Anyway, if he did shoot straight away you'd only have people whinging on at him for not trying to pick out a pass.

I can understand your critisisms of theo but i sometimes think he gets a raw deal when he plays well like yesterday

It's irrelevant if the ballsin were good or not. He should have a look first. If there is no-one there, the ball could be fucking perfect, but there is still no point playing it. If there is no choices, then shoot. It may be a tough chance and most of the time he won't score, but if you are just going to pass the ball into an empty space, then have a go.
Back to top Go down
The Magic Man
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist
The Magic Man

PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 4:59 am

samiola wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:

Keepers - Not perfect, but not as bad as people think. Would love a top class keeper, but Almunia is OK ish.

Defense - Full backs fine and good cover in Gibbs and Eboue. Central, if fit 3 good centre backs. Could do with another top defender, but if they stay fit (Verm especially) then not too bad.

Forwards - Injury prone VP, but Cham looked very good. Good cover in Bendner, Vela, etc. Sell Arsh.

Bollocks.

Inconsistent is the best I can say about him.
Back to top Go down
Van Persies Left Foot
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist
Van Persies Left Foot

PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:01 am

Not sure what to make of arshavin myself. Like magic says he is very inconsistent but even when playing garbage he can turn it on just like that. Bit of an enigma is our Arsh
Back to top Go down
Van Persies Left Foot
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist
Van Persies Left Foot

PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:03 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 823713 Sad bollocks
Back to top Go down
The Magic Man
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist
The Magic Man

PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:04 am

Not sure what to make of arshavin myself. Like magic says he is very inconsistent but even when playing garbage he can turn it on just like that. Bit of an enigma is our Arsh

I think that he is a luxury that we cannot afford.
Back to top Go down
samiola
Champions League
Champions League

PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:05 am

The Magic Man wrote:
samiola wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:

Bollocks.

Inconsistent is the best I can say about him.

he drifts in and out of games....hes better when he is central and can run at the heart of the defence...when he gets involved thou he is absolute quality....he set up the goal against Milan did he not??
Back to top Go down
shagsarsenal
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
shagsarsenal

PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:08 am

The Magic Man wrote:

The better the players around him the better he tends to play,
If we've got a midfield of denilson diaby and eastmond and bendtner and walcott up front with him he's not going to be amazing all the time

But with rosicky cesc diaby/nasri chamakh/RVP with him, the better movment passing etc is going to improve his game and even if he doesn't touch the ball all game, he can still pop up with a goal, whats to complain about!
his drifting in and out of games helps, if he drifts out for 40 mins of the game he'll get forgotten about/ignored that little bit giving him the time and space to suddenly do magic!
Back to top Go down
The Magic Man
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist
The Magic Man

PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:12 am

shagsarsenal wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:

If we've got a midfield of denilson diaby and eastmond and bendtner and walcott up front with him he's not going to be amazing all the time

But with rosicky cesc diaby/nasri chamakh/RVP with him, the better movment passing etc is going to improve his game and even if he doesn't touch the ball all game, he can still pop up with a goal, whats to complain about!
his drifting in and out of games helps, if he drifts out for 40 mins of the game he'll get forgotten about/ignored that little bit giving him the time and space to suddenly do magic!

This is all true, but it does mean that for the majority of games we are effectively playing with 10 men for 80 minutes.

If he was in the teams of old, with a good defense and midfielders like Vieira, then no worries, but he's not. Until he starts doing something more often that 1 game in 6, then I say offload him.
Back to top Go down
Admin
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:13 am

Afternoon cunts

Theo had a brilliant first half yesterday, not his fault if players are not in a decent position for the ball, he puts it in a decent area, even Beckham told him just put it in a good area and then it's up to the rest of the team to be in those positions
Back to top Go down
https://606football.forumotion.co.uk
Van Persies Left Foot
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist
Van Persies Left Foot

PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:14 am

Admin wrote:
Afternoon cunts

Theo had a brilliant first half yesterday, not his fault if players are not in a decent position for the ball, he puts it in a decent area, even Beckham told him just put it in a good area and then it's up to the rest of the team to be in those positions

Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 91217 completely agree
Back to top Go down
shagsarsenal
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
shagsarsenal

PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:15 am

The Magic Man wrote:
shagsarsenal wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:

This is all true, but it does mean that for the majority of games we are effectively playing with 10 men for 80 minutes.

If he was in the teams of old, with a good defense and midfielders like Vieira, then no worries, but he's not. Until he starts doing something more often that 1 game in 6, then I say offload him.

But if the other 10+ minutes are filled with brilliance and goals is it not worth having 1 slightly anonymous player, and even when he is not doing much he's skilled and intelligent enough to still cause problems and create space
If he touches the ball 5 times in 5 games but each time leads to an assist or a goal is that not worth it?
Back to top Go down
The Magic Man
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist
The Magic Man

PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:16 am

Admin wrote:
Afternoon cunts

Complete and utter bollocks.

I reiterate; it's not a good ball, even if he puts it in a decent area, if there is no-one there. Have a fucking look first. If no-one is there, don't fucking put the fucking ball there. He's like a fucking retard with pace. Imagine Harvey Price with pace.
Back to top Go down
Dubbed The New Wenger
Scotland Fan
Scotland Fan

PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:18 am

Magic, Arshavin is twice the player Merson ever was. The drunkard doesn't even come close to him ability wise. Doubt he was quicker and stronger too.
Back to top Go down
samiola
Champions League
Champions League

PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:20 am

The Magic Man wrote:
Admin wrote:
Afternoon cunts

I reiterate; it's not a good ball, even if he puts it in a decent area, if there is no-one there. Have a fucking look first. If no-one is there, don't fucking put the fucking ball there. He's like a fucking retard with pace. Imagine Harvey Price with pace.

thought Harvey played for Ajax?!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Aberdeengooner
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Aberdeengooner

PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:20 am

Dubbed The New Wenger wrote:
Magic, Arshavin is twice the player Merson ever was. The drunkard doesn't even come close to him ability wise. Doubt he was quicker and stronger too.

Merson was clearly stronger.

And as for the theo comment whoever said...."cross it in and let strikers deal with it"

All well and good gunning it up the pitch but when the strikers cant keep up then we have a problem, which is exactly whats happeneing.
Back to top Go down
samiola
Champions League
Champions League

samiola wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:
Admin wrote:
Afternoon cunts

he aint that quick but hes got great vision!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:21 am

The Magic Man wrote:
Admin wrote:
Afternoon cunts

if there is noone in the box then yes, but if players are in the box, its up to them to get in a decent position, having said that i still dont think he is a winger, he is a pacy striker and needs to play off the last defender
Back to top Go down
https://606football.forumotion.co.uk
Van Persies Left Foot
World Cup Finalist
World Cup Finalist
Van Persies Left Foot

PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:22 am

samiola wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:
Admin wrote:
Afternoon cunts

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Dubbed The New Wenger
Scotland Fan
Scotland Fan

PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:24 am

Aberdeengooner wrote:
Dubbed The New Wenger wrote:

Merson was clearly stronger.

And as for the theo comment whoever said...."cross it in and let strikers deal with it"

All well and good gunning it up the pitch but when the strikers cant keep up then we have a problem, which is exactly whats happeneing.

Debatable. Arshavin is quite strong too. Low centre of gravity. Never seen him pushed off the ball. Bit like Messi.

Gotta agree with you on Walcott though. Lost my patience with that guy. Must admit he's an headless chicken.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread   Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monday 2nd Augst 2010 Thread
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next